Sunday 9 August 2009

The Twilight Sad




On 5th August, Wednesday, I had the utmost pleasure of reuniting with my old friend Ama to see The Twilight Sad in Lexington and getting him to make the most of my enemy of a camera. The above pictures are the child of their cooperation, for which I am grateful, as I could focus completely on the gig. I secured my first row position, as close to the guitarist as possible, to watch in amazement the flow of movements that produce the amazing sound of The Twilight Sad. With apparent confidence, Andy MacFarlane is not only on guitar, this would be underestimation, I would call his guitar vocals, yes, dearest readers, I am not exaggerating. James Graham, the traditional vocals, is frighteningly charismatic, but, for some reason, at gigs, his vocals are not as accentuated as on the records, and perhaps rightly so, as the audience can appreciate the instrumental aspect of The Twilight Sad. Needless to say, Mark Devine on drums is fantastic, as usual. Yes, dearest readers, they are one of my favourite bands and I am looking forward to their new album. In many ways, this gig was much better than the one in ICA, mostly because The Lexington is more of an intimate venue and packed for the occasion, which made me happy, as I would love to see The Twilight Sad grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment