Monday 14 June 2010

Primavera 2010

XX.
Black Lips.
Pet Shop Boys.
Panda Bear.
Beach House.
Pavement.

Dearest Readers, this is just the beginning of an in-depth review of Barcelona's Primavera. Above is a picture of my friend's sister with a random crap violinist on the beach.

Okay, I am starting with this post, so I and my Dearest Readers remember. Above is a collection of random least crap pictures I took. I have quite a few good Beach House photos but perhaps another time. Another post.

Pavement - it was a fantastic gig with a lot of singalong fans, I was in the second row and could not move, I felt like it is 2003 Radiohead gig in Berlin where I almost died. Lots of people crow-surfing and a general joy. I am sure Stephen Malkmus was drunk (he was drinking during the show) with this devil-may-care attitude, throwing his guitar around. But oh yes, it was a memorable show.

HEALTH - I know they are not really playing but there was something ecstatic about their music, a certain entrancing rhythm, I was not really looking forward to this show but it turned out to be amazingly good fun, I would say it was one of my highlights. And they spoke Spanish.

Panda Bear - Panda Bear was an angry bear, the visuals were not working, they were trying hard to fix the problem, with no luck. He performs with a tension, utterly focused on the music, the quiet songs work surprisingly well. Needless to say, a cult following.

Pet Shop Boys - great karaoke show, a big big show. I am glad I saw it.

Beach House - what is there left to say other than that they were awesome.

Black Lips - curious, a closing party - I think they must be very popular in Spain. Their show was a no-limits experience, with naked buttocks, crowd coming on stage and carrying the singer around. Most curious.

To be continued, Dearest Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment