Monday 13 April 2009

Röyksopp


Dear readers, please see reasons why photo quality is so low in the post below. Just to make sure, the above picture represents two gentlemen from Röyskopp joined by Karin Dreijer-Andersson of Fever Ray whose performance I reviewed in the above mentioned post below. In this post, I wanted to touch upon the performance of the Norwegian duo but, for reasons detailed in the post below, I may not be suited to do so. Dear readers, forgive my persistent advertising of the post below but it may be the key to why I could not take Röyskopp seriously. Assuming you have read it, let me start. Royal Festival Hall, 9th April, Ether Festival, minutes after Fever Ray's performance I was subjected to strobe lights, top hats, Eurovision trained singer but with exceptions. I do not know why I feel so bitter about this performance but now with a painful memory of how they slaughtered my cherished What else is there? I guess it nailed it. So back to exceptions, Robyn who showed the miserable performer of a woman whose name I think I know as it can be found in credits on Röyskopp's latest album and who was not a skillful playback singer how to rock the show. So the audience abandoned their seats and was swaying till the end. And then, oh lord, how they were swaying, like it is 1992, some of them at least. I started to enjoy looking at the audience more than anything else, and I also started to dance like it is 1992, which is quite enjoyable. Until Karin took the stage, in her black shiny-feathered bird disguise and finally, but finally, performed a song, Tricky Tricky to be more precise, but it was worth the waiting.

Seriously, Röyksopp are great performers, and have a couple of fantastic songs but Royal Festival Hall is not the place. After Fever is not the time (for me). And stage signing language is so passe.

Dear readers, forgive my being bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment