Saturday 6 June 2009

Dan Deacon


I realise that it was an exceptional performance. Euphoric London was raving, following the rules, hands in the air, forming a circle with Dan Deacon - a contemporary Moses parting the sea of crowd, bringing out the tribal and communal in the people of London. Who attended the gig and who, in all probability, were under the influence of alcohol as well. Due to unforeseen circumstances, on 5th June 2009 in ULU I could not intoxicate myself with beer or any other alcoholic drink, preferably vodka with redbull. Nil, zero, sober. Looking longingly at the longest beer queue ever I could not enter the mind-numbing and thoughtless shaking, rubbing against fellow sweaty music lovers and leave with one thought in my mind 'the best gig ever!', as many of you, dearest readers, did. I was excluded, but also wondering if alcohol would have helped. For, my dearest readers, bitter heart, rebellious soul, 1001 masses in catholic churches and all night raves in the underground dodginess of Polish venues made me absolutely immune to any form of crowd manipulation. Even tongue in cheek, as in the case of Dan Deacon. Not even an equipped with a flashing green skull shaman who seemed to control the seemingly untamed London audience can conquer me these days, which I am not proud of as I like to consider it a sign of aging.

To sum up, a highly recommended live performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment