Tuesday 2 June 2009

Gang Gang Dance


One could write a novel about misfortunes of a gang of gang dance covering last year, but let us concentrate on the night of 1st June 2009 in Dingwalls of below mentioned Camden canals locks and taverns. When they started playing, I had tears in my eyes, which does not happen to a hardened soul owner as myself, they touched me right on the spot, at the very beginning. I immediately forgot about the inevitable facts that Dingwalls was packed, no air con, after a sunny day, people were sweaty and, for reasons known to the band or it could be a metaphor relating to some of the mishaps, the gig featured artificial smoke. Swearing to myself, did we really need artificial smoke that night? And then it all came together, the smoke, Gang Gang Dance, the trance, the place. They were absolutely magnificent in their entirety. Needless to say, Liz Bougatsos is mesmerising and I would have spent all night watching her dance and sing if it was not for some technical difficulties experienced by Brian Degraw whose keyboard broke and then the amp. He was so angry, his anger was immense, dominating over my fascination with the lady. Despite the difficulties and temperature and a member or fan or friend or lover dancing on stage, Gang Gang Dance made people rave and applaud. You do not get this in London. And Alexis of below mentioned chit of jip helped with the keyboard and random drumming so Gang Gang Dance finished with style. I am writing this in my private mine of empathy, dearest readers, and you thought it was long caved-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment