Thursday 18 February 2010

Beach House


Essentially, Dearest Readers, my aim was to deliver this splendid review of a gig that brought tears to my eyes, mainly, Beach House in Bush Hall on 17th February 2010. I shall not go into details of how difficult it was to get to the venue considering that Liverpool station was closed and there seemed to be no other way that the strange way to get to the west part of London. Oh joy. Arriving just in time for folky Lawrence Arabia, which was a strange way to start the evening musically but slowly progressing to the front row only to forget myself staring at Victoria or rather Victoria Legrand's hands and, how fetishist of me, boots. I completely forgot that there was Alex on guitar and a man unknown on drums. I was mesmerised.

Dearest Readers, I quite liked the album, but I feel I understand it better after the gig, and consequently, love it as it should be loved. There is unbelievable dreaminess and warmth about Beach House, and there is something I like to call musical talent. Bear with me for a second, while I explain. Talent can be a burden, you do not need talent to please Undula's ear, sometimes an idea is enough but with Beach House - there is plenty of talent and one idea that spans across the albums and live music. There are recurring musical themes and they do it so well.

I can tell my Dearest Readers are losing patience and, in all probability, have no idea what I intended to express apart from the standard what a great band. But it certainly was an event of the brought tears to my eyes kind. I did not want them to go.

One more word about Victoria Legrand who is an immensely charismatic person, entertaining the audience during the slider quest, controlling the musical output, playing the keyboard with closed eyes (I know I know, I am easily impressed) and being ultimately, but ultimately, sexy.

Dearest Readers, please go and see for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment