Sunday 28 March 2010

Memory Tapes


On 13th March 2010, Dearest disappointed with me Readers, in Cargo, a band Memory Tapes graced the Shoreditch crowd with their skilfully crafted pop songs (yes, I felt the urge to include shoreditch crowd and skilfully crafted in one sentence). Sadly, their output was not what I expected, and, as usual, I am not impressed with laptop's performance. Especially, when it sits at the core of the production. Yes, the guitar, yes, the drums, yes, the vocals, but, trust you me, the pre-prepared electronic beat, press play, play-back killed the joy for me. Perhaps I was standing too close, perhaps I did not drink enough Japanese beer before the gig, I would not know.

So, I will retire to my stereo and play Memory Tapes at home, where it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment