Tuesday 20 April 2010

Bear in Heaven



Dearest Readers, I have no idea why but I was late for the Record Store Day at Rough Trade East on Saturday, I did not go to Vashti Bunyan the previous Sunday for reasons far from unknown and far from pleasant. Unrelated to the tragic plane crash that killed the head of state together with my candidate from the left. But I am back on track, on 20th April 2010 in Rough Trade East I somehow managed to see Bear in Heaven live. I was not sure how their songs would translate into live music but I can tell you, the three men are doing a great job. First of all, it is well played and electronic parts are not a mere playback. Secondly, the drummer rocks. Thirdly, there are two moustaches - owners of which either can sing with ease or play the guitar or bass and sport an inimitable Mexican look, a classic. Dearest Readers will know by now that it was a feast for eyes and ears alike. There is some kind of longing in their music and despite of what their manager of whoever I overheard saying, it was not just a tiny promotional gig. It was a great performance, with a band that was making jokes about the ash cloud and a traditional remark about buying records. And they played one more song. I love Bear in Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment