Saturday 18 April 2009

Marianne Faithfull


You are probably wondering, dearest readers, how low I can go when it comes to the quality of my pictures but I fear I have to tell you, there is no limit. Yet another terrible photo for your pleasure or not. With half closed eyes, I let my imagination run free so I see a beauty, a beast, a woman. Or simply recollect, as I was there, in Rough Trade East on 15th April, after queuing for ages and jumping from skepticism to optimism. Skepticism at the beginning and a bit of optimism when already in the shop, moving forward to collect the wristband only to be denied at the very end and spend most of the gig outside only to be let in in the middle. So you may say it does not count as a Marianne Faithfull experience but it does, in my eyes. A little rough, perhaps unrehearsed but utterly charming the intimate gig was, with audience so happy to be there and applauding, applauding and applauding. I say unrehearsed perhaps because I witnessed the session musicians' rehearsal and they seemed unprepared but, what can we do, they still have some time. As to Marianne, with her voice and personality, there was no flaw. In my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment