Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Acorn


Not so charming. Paulina did not enjoy that much.

I am glad, because this gig was an incentive to have a lovely meal at BFI's Waterfront with a bottle of wine. Unfortunately, it did not help. At Scala, on 12th May, nothing could bring Luminaire's magic back and this is where I fell in love with the Acorn. Last time, I felt there was a story being told, a powerful story, whereas at Scala the story got washed away. No doubt, it is an achievement to play at Scala, quite full, but from my perspective more was lost than gained. As much as I tried to recreate the intimacy, it was gone forever. The band were happy to be there, the crowd was mildly happy to see them again. All a bit lukewarm, the band pleasing the crowd and vice versa.

And yes, I really find the supporting act's vocals annoying. Oh Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment