Wednesday 13 May 2009

Telepathe


Most charming, review soon.

Ok ok, let me share my thoughts on Telepathe at 93 Feet East on 11th May 2009. First and foremost, they are two utterly cool girls, merely looking at them is a proper feast. Starting with girls themselves carrying heavy pieces of furniture packed with keyboards along with all the electronic gizmos. Oh, my feminist heart gently stroked by Telepathe's force. Yes, dearest readers must already know and forgive that I am partial to all female. Anyway, battling the bad taste of the supporting acts whose names I do not remember and whose ridiculous performances better be buried and forgotten. And you know who you are, shameless you. I was anxious to see the two princesses spin the crowd right round as Dance Mother is one of my favourite albums recently. Behold my recently, I do not even trust myself these days, sadly. And I used to be so opinionated. But back to Telepathe who were gaining confidence with every song, in the shadow, facing the exhausted crowd unable to nod their heads let alone dance. Even though the music and the album title are urging, we did not. Which is a pity because the music is perfect for a dance. And the drums, the little drummer boy, did not disappoint, quite the contrary, it was astonishing to see what a great drummer the little drummer boy was, promising. Only later did I learn that she used to be a drummer in a band. It shows, it does show. I can now start chirping about the vocals, because that is another aspect of Telepathe I admire, precisely, how they work together and the punkish moments. Talking about punkish, dearest readers, the girls have proper attitude, nothing fake, fresh from Brooklyn.

It was a tiny little gig. Very short, without audience begging for more. But I am begging for more, curious about the next album.

No comments:

Post a Comment