Friday 17 July 2009

Fever Ray



What can I say other than once again the citizens of London were subjected to the beauty of a spectacle courtesy of Fever Ray. This time at a venue much less flattering as regards the sound quality but much more intimate and appropriate for the mysteries of Fever Ray. So Shepherds Bush Empire on 16th July turned into a place of wonder. What else can I, a lifelong worshiper of anything The Knife, say this time? Apart from stating the obvious - in terms of Fever Ray experience, the venue worked well as far as ambiance is concerned, less well in terms of sound but we shall forgive. For Fever Ray delivered a magnificent show, with laser lights, mist, orange lampshades, shaman costumes, minimalistic hand gestures and, last but not least, music of the forgotten but advanced tribes. My dearest readers will be surprised at the quality of the above picture, as this time, I employed my life-long enemy, a compact camera unable to deliver in spite of its isos and pixels and what not. Compact, useless. Anyway, no words or poor pictures can express the beauty of the show and its utter uniqueness, including bringing torrential rains to London. Fever Ray, the rainmakers.

As much as I would like to share with you my thoughts about the non-album songs they played or what songs they actually played, as some readers, I fear, accuse me of being non-specific in my reviews, I cannot. I simply forget myself and will never become this girl who was standing next to me at Dan Deacon gig typing in her Blackberry 'green skull, meditation about death and friendship, frenzy' - she probably created a true to life review. As a matter of fact, the only matter of fact in my review, I will never be like her.



No comments:

Post a Comment