Saturday 11 July 2009

The Twilight Sad


Oh joy, The Twilight Sad in ICA on 9th July. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I could not go to 93 Feet East last time. So ICA would have been my fourth and not merely third time, dearest readers forgive me my boastful attitude. But if there is one band I would recommend, that would be The Twilight Sad. Not. But by making such statements, my only intention is to hype and overhype them so that you, my dearest readers, could discover the beauty of their music. First of all, their image changed dramatically, I am bad with names and faces but the visual transformation of two members was stunning and impossible to ignore. Luckily, the drummer is still skilfully same and the bass guitarist takes off his shoes for the duration of the gig. And the singer is as insane looking as before. But the apparent changes, the guitarist - no hair but beard and lead singer no hair but same crazy eyes. So now my dearest readers may think I focus too much on the looks or that I am a modern groupie though I am not, or I wish I was not. In the front row, as always, amazed at the size of the audience and mesmerized, endlessly mesmerized. Needless to say, or as above mentioned, they have a great drummer. Also, the guitarist responsible for the unique sound with his cool detached attitude and unmatching trainers is as great as the drummer. And then, last but not least, the singer, who is as great as the drummer and the guitarist, with his crazy eyes and playing with the mic stand which once resulted in him breaking one and promising to pay it off with his christmas money. Apologies if I fail to say anything sensible about the bassist or the member-non-member as they were located too far and I focused too much on the above mentioned triangle of musicians.

But, seriously, The Twilight Sad previewed some of the new songs so now I am looking forward to the new album. Apart from that, they seem to be more mature and conscious of the sound.

To sum up, I am proud to be their fan. Even though they were loud and I recklessly did not protect my ears. Friday in a jar glass courtesy of The Twilight Sad. You love, you forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment