Wednesday 15 July 2009

Waiting For Godot


On 14th July I was most kindly invited to go to see Waiting for Godot at the Theatre Royal Haymarket - splendid interiors and most uncomfortable seats. Dearest readers will be disappointed to find out that it has been a good few years since I last graced a theatre with my presence. Music halls, comedies galore. But a classic - not a single one in ages. I have read the play in question a few times, it is one of my favourites so, needless to say, I was anxious to see it. I was not disappointed, it is a great performance. But this is not my interpretation - I understand it was subtitled a tragicomedy in two acts but for me it is a tragedy and a tragedy only. And each time I have read it and, hopefully, will - it will remain a sad and hopeless story for me. That is just the way I am. Drama-savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment