Monday 14 June 2010

CocoRosie, Light Asylum




On 4th May 2010 I had the pleasure to see CocoRosie live in one of the most creepy venues for a girl from pan-catholic Poland. Trust me, it is hard to get rid of fearful respect for churches. Light Asylum were an interesting electro act with mighty mighty vocals and catchy tunes.

CocoRosie delivered a wonderful theatre-like performance, dressed as mysterious water creatures also known as pirates or sirens with a boombox guy, a pianist and a drummer. They mainly played songs from the new album, making fun of British accent, one CocoRosie half being smiley and outgoing, the other mischievous and slightly grumpy. It will not escape my Dearest Readers that once again I have little or no recollection of the gig but I love CocoRosie with all my heart. If you search the web, you will find an in-depth review of the following night performance written by my friend and not just miserable photos and uninformative reporting of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment