Monday 14 June 2010

Leafcutter John, Mandelbrot, Lina Lapelyte




I would like to start as if this post was not delayed by well over a month and it is early May and not mid-June now. But the truth is, I neglected my Dearest Readers so only now do they find out that on 29th April 2010 in Cafe OTO I went to Keung aka Mandelbrot's album launch. I felt slightly nostalgic since Mandelbrot and Lina were one of my first London scene experiences but back to the gig. Lina is a talented experimental violinist and yes she incorporates a naked foot in her performances, most enjoyable. Mandelbrot performed with a drummer, an unforgettable show of a musician who is entirely devoted the the art, a true perfectionist of guitar noise. By now Dearest Readers must have realised that I do not remember many details as it was over a month ago and I had a couple of beers and cycled to the venue with a friend who insisted that she did not know rode code only to prove that she indeed did not by heading straight onto the oncoming traffic. No casualties.

Leafcutter John was most creative with a variety of non-instruments, encouraging the audience to join him, provide ideas for improvised lyrics. To Leafcutter John's disappointment, all lyrics proved to me melancholic even though he tried to be cheerful. A lot of fun.

Finally, they all played together but my favourite was Mandelbrot, even though I seem to be unable to explain why.

No comments:

Post a Comment